DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Tuesday 30 October 2012

DSDN 141: Motor and materials

This was my first motor that I had to start this project off, it's a vibrating motor from a mobile phone and it was a perfect little motor that's clean looking. But the problem was that the two bits where the electrical wire goes broke so I couldn't solder the wires on to make the motor work.

Since my little motor broke, I manage to find some old mobile phones around home, then I ripped them apart and manage to find a different vibrating motor. This isn't the same motor like my one that broke but it's still small and clean looking. In the image above, I've soldered and tape the electrical wires on so I can connect them to a electrical supply.

I'm going to use wire to make the legs for my model and I'm thinking about using really thin wire because the motor is really small so connecting that to thin wire, it will make it move when it's vibrating. If I made the legs with thick wire, it won't move because it's too heavy for the motor to make it move.

No comments:

Post a Comment