DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Monday 8 October 2012

DSDN 104: Chosen final model

This is the model that I choose for my final 3d print out of all my other iterations that I've developed. I choose this because I think this shows a lot of fluidity and that stretchiness theme, by the top and bottom part of the model stretching out, and making the middle part of the model go all narrow. Another reason I choose this is because the middle part of this model still relates back to my Zaha Hadid precedents by her signature fluidity patterns and my other model developments just didn't show much of the Zaha Hadid patterns anymore.

As you can see in the image above I'm going to print two of the same models out because my model has a tall and narrow body, the size that our model can be are 30mmx30mmx30mm and my model can't be in that exact size. Since one of my models can't take up all the material that we're given, I might as well print two out and have the other one as a spare just in case if one model breaks. I can imagine my models will turn out really small.


This is what we did to set up our STL file for printing our model, we made a 30mmx30mmx30mm cube next to our model and then we put our model inside it to see if our model will fit inside perfectly without any bit of it sticking out of the box. Putting the model inside the box just helps us by showing us that the model is actually the correct size, so it isn't bigger than 30mmx30mmx30mm and end up costing us more money for printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment