DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Sunday 14 October 2012

DSDN 104: Final model on Solidworks

For my final reprint model, I exported it as STL file on 3ds max then imported it onto Solidworks to have a good look at it before I resubmit the file for printing.

I had a closer look at the model and as you can see where the holes are on the model, the bits beside it are really thin and that can make the model quite fragile.

So I went back onto 3ds max and use the shell modifier on the model to make those thin bits thicker.

After using the shell modifier on 3ds max, I exported it as a STL file and imported it onto Solidworks again. This is what those bits look like now after using the shell modifier on 3ds max and it made the model quite ugly looking. I can always try sanding it but it's not worth the risk of trying and then breaking the model again.

1 comment:

  1. I want an easy program that can help me design people, my computer is a windows. and it would be great if its free from the internet..

    Solidworks Support

    ReplyDelete