DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Thursday 4 October 2012

DSDN 112: 5 screen shots and words

For my Navigation application, I try to keep it quite simple looking because simplicity design has always been my type of design and having this app simple will make it easier for the users to interact with it. A special feature on my app that other navigation apps normally don’t have is a timetable and I’ve designed a timetable for it so the users can check what classes they have on without having to carry a printed out timetable or memorising it. The colours that I’ve used for the symbols all represent what they mean and I didn’t just use any colours that just look good or go together. I’ve used a 3D map for this app because I believe that kind of map makes it way easier for the user to understand by them knowing what the place actually looks like, unlike a 2d map you can’t see any of the real life view. For the 3D map, I’ve used red arrows to show the user the directions to their destination because arrows have always been a sign that makes everyday life easier for directions so I decide to use it on my app as well, if I didn’t have arrows on my app, the user will never know where they should be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment