DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Thursday 4 October 2012

DSDN 112: Designing my map on sketchup

This is my 3d map in progress on Google sketchup, I choose to design my 3D map on here because it's a simple program for me to use and all architects uses it, so it will be perfect for designing my 3D map showing the buildings and that. I'm trying to design a route that leads to the Kirk 301 lecture theatre from the Hunter lounge area. I've never been to this area before so I'm not 100% sure what it exactly looks like, I'm just referring the maps on the bottom that I got of the school of design website. The map can be abstract for this project anyway, just like most maps on other navigations, they don't all look life like.


These are the maps that I'm referring to for my navigation map, I even had a talk to my mate how those two maps are supposed to connect together because when I first looked at them they look confusing and having them each on a a4 paper is a disadvantage.

This is a map from a phone navigation that I found on the internet and this looks real abstract and simple, this is what I'm thinking about doing for my map. I think keeping it simple like that will just make it easier to look at because since I don't know what my route actually looks like in real life. If I try to make it look like reality by putting windows and details, it will just confuse the user and look like something that's made up to just make it look good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment