DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Monday 17 September 2012

DSDN 112: Designing 3D maps

Today in the tutorial I got given some ideas on some programs that I could use to design a 3D map, the programs are Google sketchup and 3ds max. I have had experience with both of these programs before so I won't have to worry about learning to use these programs and that will just keep one thing out of the way on this project.

This is Google sketchup here, I've used this program before back in college, it's a real simple program to use to create 3D objects. This is a 3D view of the kitchen here and the view of my 3D map could look similar to this once its been created on sketchup.

This program is 3ds max and I've used this program for DSDN 104 for designing 3D models. This program is a lot more difficult to use than sketchup as you can see by the amount of tools in the toolbar. I don't think this program is very good for designing 3D buildings because it will be quite difficult to start of my 3D map design. Even for my project for DSDN 104, I never designed my first model on here, I designed it on the program Solidworks first then imported into 3ds max to modify it. I could try designing my 3D map on sketchup first then try import it into 3ds max but I'll see what happens when I try designing my map on sketchup first.   




No comments:

Post a Comment