DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Sunday 23 September 2012

DSDN 112: Aesthetics research

I didn't have any idea on what my aesthetic was going to look like for my navigation, so I did some research on different phones and phone apps to see what their aesthetics were like.

This is an image of the Iphone screen showing all the apps. The aesthetic on this is clean and simple by the black coloured background, and the way the app icons are all set out which makes it easier to find the app that you want. I believe square shaped is the most common shaped to use for icons on phones because it's easier to see the image of the app and it's not a crazy looking shape that will make it hard to be able to find the apps. That's just my own opinion, I could be wrong.

The image in this is off an android phone screen, the aesthetic on this is quite similar to the Iphone one, the only difference is that the apps icons have a dark grey background to them and it doesn't fit as much apps on one screen. The aesthetic on this is also simple, clean and easy to find apps.

Since the aesthetics that I got to do is on my navigation, I had a look at the Iphone navigation and I believe on the left is the menu for it. The aesthetic is a Iphone style one with the white and light blue color scheme. Very simple aesthetic, makes it easy to understand and to use. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment