DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Monday 10 September 2012

DSDN 104: Connecting the model together

For our final model, we have to some how use a technique to connect them together, but we are not allow to use tape, glue, blu tack etc for connecting bits together. The options that I know you are allow to use are either sewing, slotting, stacking or pinning the model together.

For my model I think pinning or slotting will be the best techniques to use to connect my model together because looking at the front view of the model, it almost just look like a 2D model. If I use slotting or pinning I can add bits or some how create gaps between my model bits to make it look like a 3D model.    

This is an image of a bit that's part of a table model and the person have used the slotting technique to connect the bits together in here. I could try this type of slotting technique in the image here to connect my model bits together because this is simple and gives your model a clean look.

This is just a laser cut acrylic model that I found on the internet and as you can see it's been slotted together. The two brown acrylic bits on the bottom look like they have been slotted to create like a stand so the model can sit up. Since my model needs a stand as well, I could try the same idea out.







No comments:

Post a Comment