DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Sunday 16 September 2012

DSDN 112: 3D Navigation

I'm planning to make my navigation have 3D maps because I quite like how you can see the real life view of the place and the location. A good advantage of having 3D maps is that it will make it a lot easier for the user to use the navigation because they can see where they are and what the place actually looks like.

This is a Gps with a 3D map on it, as you can see, it's the real life view of the roads and buildings. For a 3D map, the graphics will have to be good like this one as well so it's easy to see, if the quality is bad, it will be hard to see and the user won't find it easy to use. Having good quality graphics will also attract users.

Since our project is designing a indoor navigation, I had a look at 3D indoor maps as you can see it in the image above. I see there's some blue arrows that shows you to your destination in this 3D map, I think I can try do something like that for my 3D map. Having a 3D map in a navigation will make it easier to use but having arrows in it will make it even more easier.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment