DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Saturday 18 August 2012

DSDN 112: More updates on my object

I've got some neo-rare earth magnets to try out on my object because they are more powerful than the magnets I had before. I've cut the corners flat on my cube so it will land on the point easier, I've drilled a hole in it to put the magnet in and just masking taped it just for now. After the magnet is in, I rolled the cube on a piece of metal a few times and my idea seems to be working with those new magnets that I've got, but sometimes it doesn't land on the point. I got to make sure it lands on the point every time pretty much, so I'm going to try drill a hole on a different corner on the cube to put another magnet in and hopefully that will work out. I'm now going to make two cubes instead of just having one and going to paint them so they look like a dice. I was going to just make one cube and make the faces of the cube have colours instead of numbers of a dice, but I thought about it and I feel that making it look like a dice will be more interactive.


No comments:

Post a Comment