DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Monday 6 August 2012

DSDN 112: Interim presentation

For my interactive design object I’m planning to design a cube that’s pretty much like a dice but all the faces will have colours. I’m trying to make the cube land on one of the edges every time you toss it. What I’m trying to make people experience is that when they pick my object up it will just look like an ordinary cube and they will think that when they toss it, it will land on one of the faces. But then they will get a surprise when it ends up landing on the edge of the cube. It’s pretty hard to be able to make the cube land on the edge, so I need to do some more research and prototyping. I’ve thought about making my own gyro for it because I think that will be the best mechanism for the balancing of my object since gyros are used on Segways and other objects that needs balancing. I’m also going to try and add something that’s heavy on the edge of the cube and see if that will work out. The materials that I thought about using are carboard, plywood or plastic, but I’ll leave materials till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment