DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Sunday 19 August 2012

DSDN 112: Final Interactive design









Here are my eight photos that I took of my interactive design object, there is one image in here showing a person interacting with my object. Other photos just show what my object does and just different shots of the objects itself.

I was a bit disappointed how the paint job of the dices turned out because of the bad weather conditions in the weekend, I try touch it up a little bit, but it still look quite rugged. I couldn't just re- paint it because it wouldn't of dried up on time for the hand-in, but oh well at least my idea worked out in the end.

The board is a sheet of metal covered with black and white paper, the reason I covered it and made it like a checkers board because I wanted to create a board for the dices to be rolled on. I feel that a checkers board would of been the best board for it because dices do get rolled on them and they are just simple looking.

The dices worked out in the end, I put two magnets in each dice, so one magnet on one corner of each dice. I drilled a hole on the corners and put the magnets inside it, then I covered it up with wood putty, sand and paint it afterwards. Putting two magnets in each dice did get my idea to work out because it's more likely to land on the corner with two magnets instead of just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment