DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Saturday 21 July 2012

DSDN 112: Interesting object

Today for DSDN 112 tutorial we had to bring in some interesting objects to share and talk about. The object I brought in was a bike spoke key like the one in the image here. It's a tool that you use to tighten or loosen the spokes on your bike, as you can see there are heaps of sizes on this spoke key because some bike spoke nipples come in different sizes. On the side of the spoke key there's a groove that's been machined on for your fingers to grip on the key when you are using the tool. On the other side of the spoke key it just have a bunch of numbers telling you the sizing for the spoke nipple. This is a tool that I always carry around with me because my hobby is biking and I snap quite a lot of spokes or buckle my wheel so I use it a lot. What I like about this object is how it's designed like making it a circle shape and have the groove on the side so it makes it easy to use. If they made it a square shape instead of this circle shape, it won't feel as good on the hand when using it because of the edges, so that's why I like this circle shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment