DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Sunday 18 March 2012

Blog 1:Design persona


I’m Jackie Liu I finished my last year of high school at Paraparaumu College, I’m currently still living at home in Paraparaumu and working part time for my parents at their restaurant. My hobbies are riding my Bmx and going on road trips with friends. 

Back in high school I took the subject Graphic Design from the start of third form throughout to seventh form, I was real into designing something new and being creative for every assignment that we were given. When I was finishing my last year of high school off I thought I might take design even further because I really enjoyed it and design was one of my favourite subjects, so that’s the reason why I choose to come study at Victoria’s school of design.

My goal for now is to become an industrial designer when I finish my bachelor’s degree at Victoria, but I’ve also considered to extend out and try complete my studies with a masters degree for industrial design, but who knows what I’ll be doing in about four years, as my goals could change.
One of my inspirations will have to be one of my good mates who’s also studying industrial design, although he studies at Massey University. He has told me all about the industrial design course and what it involves, so I thought that since I had a large interest in graphics and metal work in high school, the industrial design course will be the perfect course for me to grow and study on. Another inspiration would be my graphics teacher from high school because as she was real supportive for my choice of picking this design course; she helped me out a lot on my assignments so I can get enough credits to be able to do this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment