DSDN 101 (22) DSDN 104 (71) DSDN 112 (55) DSDN 141 (5) DSDN 142 (49) DSDN 171 (5)

Sunday 17 June 2012

DSDN 101: Standpoint

For this last project ‘The clip’ I’m trying to show physical industrial design, which will be shown with my Bmx bike because a bike is designed for physical use. The phrase that we got given is ‘a new way of seeing’. So in my video I’ll be using the bike to relate to that phrase. My standpoint is ‘Industrial design; a new way of seeing purpose in physical forms’. What inspired me to use my bike for this project is that Freestyle Bmx riding is my hobby and I’ve been doing this for just over five years now. So in my opinion I think the bike will fit well with my standpoint.
At the bottom there is an image of a set of Bmx pegs, they are designed for a purpose, but they might just look like a set of poles that are only for looks on a bike for some people. The purpose of pegs are for grinding on street objects, in my video I show some clips of my bike grinding on tables and benches. Showing the grinding in my video will relate to my standpoint and the phrase, because grinding is a physical movement that’s being performed which is what the pegs are designed for and it’s a ‘new way of seeing’ what a bike can do these days.
A bicycle is an everyday use transport, for getting from one place to another, but a Bmx bicycle Is designed for its own physical forms which is freestyle. A Bmx bike will relate to fabrication for prototyping because since it’s a dangerous sport it needs to be manufactured right to with stand the impact that gets put on the parts of the bike. In my video I have my bike riding along, like other bikes and I it does tricks out of grinds so creates ‘a new way of seeing’. 




The Shadow conspiracy little one pegs [image] (date unknown). Retrieved from http://www.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Pegs,17/The-Shadow-Conspiracy/Little-One-Pegs,551



Stevie Churchill bike check [image] (2011). Retrieved from http://mellonbmx.com/stevie-churchill-bike-check-3/



POTD: Kevin Kiraly [image] (2012). Retrieved from http://espn.go.com/action/bmx/blog/_/post/5232872#

No comments:

Post a Comment